Yellow Belt Junior, Teen, and Adult
White Stripe: Life skills, Tying your own belt, Rise 15
Tenets of Taekwondo- Honor, Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverance, Self-Control, Courage, Community, Strength, Humility, Knowledge.
Pick one and give definition
HONOR is a gift I give myself, I honor my family and instructors by doing what is right when no one is watching.
COURTESY is thoughtfulness and consideration of others feelings and emotions.
INTEGRITY is telling the truth at all times and during all situations.
PERSEVERANCE giving up is not an option. If I can dream it I can achieve it.
SELF CONTROL is the ability to control ones emotions and reactions
COURAGE is the spirit that enables one to face challenges with confidence and resolution.
COMMUNITY is the area I live in. I choose to be a positive part of my community by using the tenets outside of the academy.
STRENGTH is the ability to solve problems both mentally and physically.
HUMILITY is not thinking less of myself, but thinking of myself less.
KNOWLEDGE is power from facts and experience.
Belt Tying- Be able to tie your own belt properly (video available on website: westknoxtigerrock.com and kicksite)
Link for how to tie a double wrap belt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBZqnJQ6Mo8
Link for how to tie a single wrap belt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe9NVzK32n4
RISE 15- and COMMIT to see the journey through until the end
Yellow Stripe: Contact skills (add slide to kick for competition cycle)
Hand - Palm heel, sitting stance
Foot- #2 round kick, back stance land in front shuffle back
Green Stripe: Blocks:
1. Low 2. Inner forearm 3. Outer Forearm 4. High 5. Hook 6. Outside 7. Double knife hand 8. Square
Red Stripe: Escape Skills (releases and evasions) , One steps
This is a rotating curriculum. The releases will be done with one steps 1 & 2, the evasions will be done with one steps 4 & 5. One step 3 will be done on all cycles
10 Wrist releases
6 Shoulder releases
4 Break falls (Standing, Sitting, Right and Left)
Defend punch w/ round step outside block right and left side
5 One steps: #3 adult students only
1. Step left, right reverse hooking block grab, right double round kick, step behind opponent’s right leg, right knife hand strike, back stance. Double step back.
2. Left outside crescent block, right front kick, right punch high, left middle punch (right front stance); hands in guard position, double step back.
3. Left front kick, step left 45 degrees, right double side kick, right high knifehand strike (sitting stance), right shoulder grab, right leg sweep, left #2 punch; hands in guard position, double step back (return to help partner up).
4. Right front kick, right outside block (sitting stance), right high knifehand strike, right middle knifehand strike; hands in guard position, double step back.
5. Right front kick, right high block (right back stance), right middle knifehand strike, right side kick; double step back.
Black Stripe: Progressive form (first six moves)
1. Left high block Left front stance
2. Right high block Right front stance
3. Left low block Left front stance
4. Twin low block Standing stance
5. #1 Right side kick/right knife hand strike Sitting stance
6. #3 Right knife hand strike/left inner forearm block/double punch (CAT 2) Sitting stance CAT 2 Stepping
Source Not Set
"We highly reccommend Tiger Rock Martial Arts of West Knoxville because they are supergreat with the kids. I think they make every kid feel important and get to know them and their families, not just a "job"."
For more testimonials, please click here.